Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elmo & Kyriel

2 posters

Go down

Elmo & Kyriel Empty Elmo & Kyriel

Post by Void Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:27 am

"Shit." Kyriel closed the jar that she was holding with a huff, having found it empty. Of course, she would have known that if she hadn't insisted on painting all the jars black before she used them. It seemed like a good idea when she got stoned for the first time years ago, and she had never bothered to change it.
Turning back to the man on her operating table, the woman shrugged, setting down the jar behind her and crossing her arms. "Well, looks like you're going to have to get your shirt back on and find a hospital pretty damn quickly. I'm fresh out of hearts, kid." Her lips tweaked up in amusement, however she was actually quite upset. She was usually quite careful about not running out of the organs... This week had not been kind, however. So many organs she found were absolutely useless to her.
The man sat up and glared at her as he hopped off the table. "You ran out of he--I thought you were a professional, ma'am." Sliding his shirt back on, he turned back to her, still holding his glare. "You should find a supplier, like Ooglyboof. He's actually reliable." Scoffing, he threw a piece of paper onto the table, wrote down a name, address, and a few characteristics before turning on his heel and stalking out. Kyriel watched him leave, right eyebrow cocked. Waiting until she heard the door slam, she walked over and grabbed the piece of paper, looking at it with furrowed brows. "What the hell kind of name is Ooglyboof?"
Void
Void
Admin

https://nachoroleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Elmo & Kyriel Empty Re: Elmo & Kyriel

Post by Fumari Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:10 am

Somewhere in an old, run down bar, a wild Ooglyboof sneezed. Someone was gossiping about him, he thought with a playful sulk of his lips, and turned his attention to the empty cup of water in front of him. "Hey, can I get another glass I water?" he called to the bartender, who eyed him oddly before complying silently and taking the empty glass. Call him weird if you want, but Elmo had never enjoyed drinking, not since his freshman year of college. Sure, it was fun at the time, but after realizing the damage it did to your kidneys, he never much cared for it. So, why was he in a bar, you might ask? Well, sportball, of course!

Elmo threw a fist into the air and let out a burst of excitement along with the rest of the drunken bar, their hoops and hollars aimed at the little television hung in the corner of the room, which depicted the current soccer tournament. It wasn't anything big, but the atmosphere and people made the place worth the young kid's time. Turning to the barkeeper, Elmo nodded a thank you before picking up his glass and enjoying a bit more water. There was another reason he needed to stay sober, after all; he was expecting company sometime soon. He'd caught wind of a particular back alley surgeon who'd been needing a good supplier, and being as quick as he was, he'd already had one of his little skunks sent off with his information. He wasn't sure when they'd contact him, or even if they would at all, but he didn't mind waiting. He'd give them a week to find him here before he'd concluded them a bad investment.

"They better hurry," he huffed after the tv switched to advertisement and the bar quieted down. "There isn't much game left." he whined through half a smirk.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:41 am

Kyriel looked up at the sign above the establishment that her GPS had led her to. Frowning, she zipped off her black hoodie, revealing a tight blue tank top. She was going to want a drink, and she hadn't grabbed her wallet before she left. Lifting her breasts so they looked like they were bigger--not that she needed it--the young woman walked in and looked around, searching for someone with black hair in some half shaved style. Nice... Generalized fucking answer...
Spotting a man that resembled the description, the woman walked over to the bar, sitting next to the man before requesting a straight glass of whiskey with a wink and a barely noticeable bite of her lip. After her drink came, Kyriel turned to the man, her face falling back to normal, an expressionless mouth and a cocked eyebrow. "So. You the kid with the weird ass name?"
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:05 am

It definitely wasn't the most classy of introductions, that Elmo knew for sure, but all the same, he somewhat respected this woman's cut-to-the-chase attitude. That, and he was currently in too high of spirits from the game to be bothered over some trivial insult.

"Hmm, I might be." he hummed lightly, turning his attention so that he could look at the woman fully. She didn't look like much-- attractive, most certainly, and definitely not someone he'd peg as an underground surgeon, in his opinion. Still, he was in no position to question another's profession, so with a sweet smile, he set down his glass and turned himself completely around in his seat. "You'll have to be a bit more specific though, Miss, as I go by many 'weird ass' names." he spoke playfully, but not without the proper amount of politeness that he required himself too, when addressing a lady. He knew fully well what name she was fishing for, as Ooglyboof had gotten similar comments before, but he always found it more entertaining to make his clients actually say it in front of him. It was part of the reason he chose such a silly name, after all. Whats the use of a name if you didn't enjoy hearing others use it?
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:14 am

Kyriel's eyes narrowed as he asked which name that she was referring to. He couldn't possibly want her to say it out loud? She could barely think it to herself, let alone speak the odd pen name.
Taking a large shot from the glass, she shook her head and grimaced. There had to be something that tasted better... Pushing that thought aside, the woman sighed and glared softly. "Oh, you're cute.~ Do you want what I'm selling or not, kid." Leaning on her arm as she rested it on the bar, she waited with widened eyes.
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:24 am

Elmo's cheeks rose into a wider smile, and for a moment, he might have found her just a teeny bit more cute than before. "If I'm not mistaken, its you whose looking to buy." he hummed happily, "but sadly, my mind is a bit too fuzzy to recall what it is you might be looking for. A name, perhaps, might jog my memory." he laughed lightly, finding more entertainment in her aversion of his name than he had in a long time. He was use to this sort of reaction; most clients wouldn't say it on the first try, at least, not the normal ones. He wanted to see how long she could dodge saying it before she gave up, or left. He had plenty of time to deal with either, regardless. Sure, time was money, and hearts didn't last long out of fridge, but his stock had eternal timers set for never, so there was never any rush.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:49 am

Kyriel's face stayed emotionless as shit gritted her teeth slightly. This was just a game to him, she knew that now. It pissed her off that much more, however, knowing such. She had been issued a challenge, however, and she was going to latch on. Why the hell not? She didn't have anymore appointments until the next evening.
Letting her eyes rest on the other's for a short moment longer, Kyriel sat up and took another long shot of her whiskey. Her face expressionless still, however there was a mocking glint of a playfulness in her eyes as she spoke. "So, I have been in this business awhile now. Somehow, though, I hit a dry spell. I find I can't supply all of my organs right when I need them. So, I would like to issue a trade." Taking another large shot of the whiskey--her glass now empty--Kyriel leaned back on her elbow once more. "I'll be a supplier as long as I can get some fresh stock every now and then."
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Elmo perked up in an entirely different way now, having not found himself in many trades like this. She seemed reasonable enough that he didn't doubt too much her reliability, but still, she had to know the price she'd be paying back. "The price'll be two organs for every one organ I give you, and I'll only accept top quality meat, I hope you know." the joking smirk that he had on previously fell in place of a much more business like expression, leaving just a hint of enjoyment underneath his brow. "and I don't deal with delays." he spoke more seriously now. True, his organs never went bad, but he had to get a hold of them first, otherwise the buy was pointless. "If you hit dry spells, and I don't get whats due, we'll have problems. If you can guarantee shipment on time, then we might have a deal." the edges of his lips poked up now, dropping the serious facade. Elmo rolled in his chair, so that his back was facing the barkeep. His elbows lazily dropped on the counter edge, allowing him to hunch just slightly.

"First, however, I'd like to make sure you know who you're working with?" he gave the woman an entertained but determined look, cornering her. She had avoided every subtle attempt he made before, and truth be told, he was not a man above frontal approaches. He half laughed to himself for a moment, realizing how silly his little game of name was, but it'd become such a necessary custom when introduction new partners. It was almost more needed than a handshake.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:22 pm

Kyriel had figured that the price was going to be a lot higher than she liked, but what could she do now? When her hearts kept getting shot in, she wasn't left with much choice. Shaking her head once, she chuckled softly to herself, her eyes twinkling with amusement as she smirked over at the man. "Yeah, I can guarantee I'll get your products to you on time. That is one thing that I am good for--punctuality." Looking down at her fingers, she grimaced. Way too much whiskey had been consumed for her to take her normal way home... She'd have to walk tonight.
Hearing him request, more blatantly this time, that she use his name made the woman let out a long sigh; she gritted her teeth slightly and stayed silent for only a moment longer. When she did speak, her head was raised and her face was hard, her eyes lit up with annoyance as she leaned a bit closer. "If I say your dumb fucking name, do we have a deal?"
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:07 pm

Elmo couldn't have hit the enjoyment on his face even if he had a bloody mask on, and he was almost positive that it only irritated the woman further. Still, she seemed to have enough whiskey in her to make it much less volatile to the situation.

"It'll be a solid as ink." he reassured her and outstretched a hand in a business like manner. Ah, it looked like he'd finally found the solution to his own shortage problem, which was fortunate. He hated searching for suppliers himself, so when then came it him, it was like a freebie. Bonus points when they were especially interesting, and reasonably attractive individuals.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:32 am

"Of course." Kyriel hung her head for a moment before sighing, frustrated but deflating. She really needed this deal, as it would help her avoid situations like the one before. Raising her head to look at the man in front of her, the woman raised an eyebrow before speaking with a slight smirk. "How about you buy me a drink first? I don't know about making a deal with you yet, seeing as I don't know you...sir."
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:42 am

Elmo took that invitation with plenty of enthusiasm, smiling happily and waving over the bartender. "Easy enough." he smirked, and ordered her another couple of shots of whiskey-- better take it easy on her, or she might not get home. "So then, what would you like to know about little old me?" the man folded his hands together and settled his chin on her knuckles. He practically had a cheshires grin on by now, eager to hear the woman's questions.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Kyriel smiled when the shots came, shooting them back one after the other. Not only had she been able to drink the whole night for free, she had gotten drunk, for free. Shit... Looking at her hand with a glare, she realized that she had had a bit too much whiskey, however she couldn't let the man in front of her realize that. It was time to play, 'I'm sober'.
Hearing him ask his question, she looked up, putting her hand down and shrugging, trying to keep herself from saying anything too demeaning. "How long have you been in the underground organ business?" Kyriel couldn't tell if she was speaking too loud or not, but out of reflex, she covered her mouth and stared up at the man with wide eyes. "I mean... How long have you been...a baker...?"
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Elmo tried his best not to choke on his own bubbles of laughter-- not only caused by the woman's last comment, but her drunken state in general. He shouldn't laugh, he knew, because it was partly his own fault that she was this far gone, but he couldn't help but think it was just a little cute. "Well, I've been baking cakes for about four years now, so I know the business pretty well." he smirked. The bartender didn't seem to be minding their conversation too much, well aware by now that it was a topic that he'd rather stay out of, not that Elmo worried any. He'd gotten to a point where he was pretty secure, so even if someone were to cause issues, he could either bribe them, or chop them up. He preferred the former, but the latter was just as fun.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Kyriel could see the smile on the other's face, making her lean up and cross her arms again. "Stop it. You're mocking me, I know it." Sitting there for a moment, she smiled to herself, as if forgetting he was there. "I want a cake. Or steak. Or a steak cake. I want a steak cake. No, maybe just the steak. With a side of cake." Nodding, she turned her eyes to the man in front of her, smiling sweetly as she did so. "Well, Sir Baker, I can't call you by your really stupid name, so what do I call you?" Thinking up an excuse to stop him from asking her to say his name, she held her finger up, an inch from his face. "I can't pronounce G's. Or B's. Or Y's."
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:33 pm

"But you just pronounced all three of those letters." he pouted a bit, though he still wore the same entertained smirk, "You're not even trying." he teased, feigning hurt. Really though, she seemed way past the point of drunk that he deemed safe. Maybe he should walk her home after their little game came to an end, or at least stay with her until she was sober enough to leave on her own.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:39 am

Kyriel smiled widely as he called her bluff, and her smile grew wider when he had finished speaking. He hadn't asked her to say his name again, so she figured she had won...for now. The woman leaned back up and glared around the bar. From the looks of things, it was time for her to leave. All the normal crowd had gone home, and what was left was the type of customer that you looked at and they started a fight. If she stayed much longer, she'd either get hit on, or hit with something.
Standing up, a little more wobbly than normal for a moment until she got used to standing, Kyriel stuck out her hand. "It was nice meeting you, kid, and I look forward to working with you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to go home and take part in an hour long interrogation, if not longer.~" Grinning, the woman gave him a slight bow, all but falling into his lap as she did so.
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:07 pm

By now, the television hanging in the corner of the bar had stopped playing its usual sportsball broadcast, and had long since been turned off in place of lighter music. A majority of the usual bar patrons, only drawn in for sports and beer, had gone home to their families, leaving only the more unsavory bunch to linger and continue on with their drinking. Elmo was pretty sure that if he drank, he'd probably be considered one of them, especially in the current situation.

He felt a bit relieved when Kyriel fell into his lap, instead of smacking into the bar or the stool beside him, even if it was still the most ungraceful move he'd seen her pull all night. "Would you mind a bit of company on your way home?" he asked behind laughter and helped pull the woman back onto her feet. He really wasn't keen on letting her walk home like this, especially not this late into the night. It'd be awful if he lost a new business partner right after making a deal, and even more shameful if it was his own fault.

"Yo, I'm taking her home, Ron. Can you put her drinks on my tab?" he called to the bar tender, who nodded approvingly before heading back to work. "Alright, Miss. Let's get ya upright and walking." he smirked, holding Kyriels shoulders and pointing her towards the bar doors.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:28 am

Kyriel turned around in his hold, shaking her head before patting his chest really quickly. "Yeah, no, I'm going home alone. I'll be fine. Thank you for your service, and shit." Patting him on the chest once more, she turned back towards the doors, taking a step forward before stopping. It took her another moment to turn around, and when she did, she smiled before addressing the man. "Actually, you're cute, so walk me home." She stopped and bit her lip guiltily. "I mean, yeah, could you walk home...?"

Kyriel felt like an idiot. This was a business meeting, but because she hadn't let herself go in too long... She had a very low tolerance. It was one of the reasons that she made sure that she didn't let herself go more than a month without 'letting go'. The woman tried to keep herself from walking into him as she walked with him out the doors. She just had to tell herself that she wasn't drunk... That was it.
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Elmo had to bite down a bubble or two of laughter as he lead her through the bar doors and into the night drenched street. The more she tried not to look intoxicated, the funnier she acted. "Okay, so which way home?" he asked her politely, outstretching his elbow to her. As much fun as she was, he couldn't say he was very interested in spending the whole night searching for her home, so he hoped she could still navigate herself well.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:25 pm

"That way." The woman pointed nonchalantly towards the left, starting to walk with her arm linked in his. Kyriel didn't do much traveling for pleasure, so she was really only accustomed to her own five mile radius. That included the bar. "See that tall building across the street and a little to the left?" Kyriel pointed to herself and nodded. "That's mine. Third floor. Unit B." She giggled before falling into him again, only gaining her balance a moment later. "Oops, sorry."
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:36 pm

Elmo smiled brightly and began down the sidewalk along with the woman, doing his best to keep her upright and walking in the straightest line he could get her too. "Oh, you live so close?" he spoke aloud, a little bit entertained by the fact; he wondered how they hadn't met before now, seeing as he enjoyed hanging out in this part of town. It was mostly the bars that drew him in. They were the only ones that played his favorite sports teams.

After a few minutes of sloppy steps and entertained laughter, Elmo began across the street to the apartment building doors, Kyriel close in hand. "Elevator or stairs?" he asked with a crooked smile after they made it into the lobby. He wasn't too sure if she could manage three flights of stairs on her own.
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:03 am

Chewing on her lip as they arrived at the apartment complex, standing in the lobby. "Elevator. And stop laughing at me! You've been doing it all night..." Kyriel mocked a pout, trying to fight back a smile while she did so. She found the man entertaining and fun, and she was kind of sad to cut it all off so soon. Pressing the button for the elevator, the woman stood next to the doors, hopping inside when they opened and were found empty.

Kyriel pressed the button for the third floor, leaning against the wall of the elevator and staring at the man as he stepped inside. He was graceful--but, of course he was. He wasn't drunk. Kyriel smiled to herself, thinking about the amount that she was going to hate herself.
Void
Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumari Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:13 pm

"I'm not laughing at you so much as the situation, love." he smirked at her, knowing that the answer probably wouldn't make her any more pleased. He followed her silently into the elevator, allowing her to hit the third floor button and send them shooting up three flights. He stood close, just in case the jostling floor threw her off her feet-- laugh if you might, but he'd seen it happen before.

After another minute or so, the room paused and the metallic doors quickly slid open, dinging at their arrival. "After you," he waved a hand politely towards the door.

(( Do you wanna add in Nyx or Loki at all? ))
Fumari
Fumari
Peasant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum